Since I posted about Prince of Pot on Facebook last week, my friend Bettina in Switzerland has ordered a copy, my high-school friend Heather ordered one from Amazon UK, and my cousin Chelsea in Edmonton emailed to ask which method of ordering would have the most impact. (Thank you, Bettina, Heather, and Chelsea. You’re awesome.)
In case I have other friends and family members who might be willing to help with a little book promotion, I’ve put together a list of possible actions, complete with handy categories.
If you love me like store-bought cookies:
- Consider posting “Can’t wait for Tanya Lloyd Kyi’s new PRINCE OF POT” on your Facebook or Twitter feed. Tag me, so I can share.
- Tell your friends, your sister, your dentist, your kid’s teacher-librarian, and anyone on the street who looks bookish.
If you love me like coffee-shop macadamia nut cookies:
- All the above.
- PLUS, stop in at your local independent store and ask for a copy. If they don’t have one, say, “Oh, she’s awesome. I love her better than store-bought cookies. You should probably order the book.”
- OR, pre-order a copy on Amazon or Chapters Indigo. Pre-orders help booksellers decide to stock extra copies.
If you love me like homemade chocolate chip cookies, still a little gooey in the middle:
- All of the above.
- PLUS, rate the book on the Goodreads, Amazon, or Chapters websites. Preferably, rate it highly. My mom asked her friends to do this for me once, and one of them got confused and gave me one star. At least, I hope she was confused…
- Post a picture of yourself reading my book. Tag me, so I can share.
If you love me like Christmas shortbread:
- Hi, Mom! Thanks for reading this far. I’ll send you your copy in the mail!