Wow, do I ever write a bunch of trivial nonsense on my blog. This is what I learned when a friend asked if I’d written about the content of Seeing Red. I looked back to see if I’d ever said anything thoughtful (or anything at all, really) on the blog and the answer was… no.
Here’s what I HAVE blathered about:
- the cover reveal;
- the neuroticism of indexing;
- the impossibility of pairing Seeing Red with other gifts for Christmas;
- the reason circumcision should be discussed in children’s books;
- the fact that someone liked the book;
- the general amazingness of red and black and white illustrations;
- why it’s great to talk about gross stuff like blood spatter in kids’ books; and,
- going out for lunch, upon publication.
Now doesn’t that just fully encompass my goal of exploring the dichotomy between blood-as-violence-and-gore and blood-as-life-giving-force?
Well, I’m sure I put those ideas in the book. I probably could have mentioned something around here, though.