I’ve been reading Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Boobs? by Robyn Harding, also the author of My Parents Are Sex Maniacs. I have to admit, I’m curious about Robyn. I’m a little worried that when I meet here, she’ll look like me. Check out this list:
- Robyn lives in Kitsilano… I live in Kitsilano.
- Robyn is a writer… I’m a writer.
- Robyn is sometimes published by Annick… I’m sometimes published by Annick.
- Robyn grew up in the sticks… I grew up in the place formerly known as the sticks.
- Robyn has young children… I have young children.
- Robyn tries to be environmentally conscious… I try to be environmentally conscious.
- Robyn lives upstairs from Judith… I hang with Judith at the playground.
Yes, I’m worried that my mother secretly had twins and we were separated at birth. Except, Robyn is about a thousand times funnier than I am. (Is that genetic? Does that skewer my theory?)
Anyway, Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Books? is written in a humorous, self-deprecating style. Which at times led me to the inevitable conclusion:
- Robyn is sometimes a bit of a ditz… I am sometimes a bit of a ditz.
Sigh. Perhaps you all already knew that. Despite the conclusion, Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Books? is a fun read, and manages to talk about environmental issues without making one want to slit one’s wrists… no small accomplishment.