- Burma’s Revolution of the Spirit
- The Shock Doctrine
- A half-read issue of The Children’s Book News
- The Weekend Novelist (which I’m hating, and should put on a shelf)
- Among Insurgents: Walking Through Burma
- A notebook
- A half-read issue of The Walrus
- Trixie Belden: The Mystery of the Velvet Gown (don’t ask, I have no idea)
- Left Hook: A Sideways Look at Canadian Writing
And it continues… In the drawer below, there are two novels I have yet to start:
- Half of a Yellow Sun
Now I’ve shared my stash. What’s on your bedside table?
Are you the oh-that-dessert’s-too-rich-for-me-I-couldn’t-possibly type with one pristine copy of Ulysses at your side? Or does yours look more like mine? What are you reading on these long summer evenings?