Skip to content
- Decide that now would be a good time to dust the baseboards.
- Experiment with various sleep aids.
- Search real estate listings for forested lots only accessible by water.
- Download a Motley Crue song, to reconnect you with your youth.
- Take up scrapbooking, macrame, interpretive dance, or any combination of the three.
- Read Jane Austen, so that all your characters start saying things like, “he has not, perhaps, a more sorrowing heart than I have.”
- Wonder what your next novel will be, and why you have no ideas, and what it will be like to no longer write.
- Work on your acceptance speeches for various awards.
- Keep chocolate in the house so that when you finish the novel, you will weigh 600 pounds.
- Feel resentment towards your family when they make unreasonable demands on your time (such as “can I have a peanut butter sandwich?”).